If you’re looking for a fun and different holiday treat to bring to upcoming gatherings this season, look no further! This Popcorn Wreath is easy to make, can be adjusted to meet multiple dietary needs/preferences and is absolutely delicious!
This festive Popcorn Wreath is not only easy to make, but the flavor is unmatched! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients, one of which being LesserEvil’s White Chocolate Matcha Popcorn, which adds an additional sweet touch to the dessert (in the best possible way!). The Popcorn Wreath is a rice crispy treat lovers dream, but with a fun twist that everyone will love.
Vegetarian/Vegan Tips & Tricks
If you or someone you are serving follows a vegetarian or a vegan diet, you can definitely use vegan marshmallows for this recipe. Vegan marshmallows are a bit harder to work with than non-vegan marshmallows, so if you aren’t a vegetarian or a vegan I would suggest that you use regular marshmallows. However, if you do follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, follow these tips to help make this recipe work for you!
When using vegan marshmallows, here are some things to consider:
- They will likely take longer to “melt” but just keep a close eye on them and stir gently. Once you add the food coloring, it should be smooth sailing from there.
- Once the wreath is formed and sits for a bit, it might get pretty hard. If you want a softer bite, just pop the wreath into the microwave for 20 seconds or so and it’ll be much easier to sink your teeth into!
To make this recipe vegan, use vegan marshmallows and butter.
To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetarian/vegan marshmallows, but feel free to use ghee/butter of choice.
Ready to make it yourself?
Watch our step-by-step video to see how truly easy it is to make this fun and seasonal treat!
- ½ cup ghee/butter/vegan butter (I use Forth and Heart vanilla bean ghee)
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 bag LesserEvil White Chocolate Matcha Popcorn
- Green food coloring (I use plant based)
- Red candies of choice
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt your ghee/butter of choice.
- Once melted, add in your marshmallows and stir gently to help them melt and mix into the ghee/butter. Be sure to watch the marshmallows closely, especially if using vegan marshmallows!
- Once the marshmallows are melted, add in the green food coloring until you get the shade of green you’d like. I used quite a bit!
- Add the full bag of LesserEvil popcorn to a large bowl, then pour in the marshmallow mixture over the top.
- Carefully fold the popcorn into the marshmallow mixture and combine evenly.
- Allow to cool slightly so that you don’t burn your hands, but not enough so that the mixture hardens. If you are using vegan marshmallows, you’ll need to work quicker.
- Place a small glass bowl or drinking glass upside down on a large plate that you plan to serve the wreath on.
- Place the popcorn mixture around the bowl or glass to form the wreath.
- Poke red candies into the wreath to look like berries and top with sifted powdered sugar to look like snow.
- Slice into pieces and enjoy!