Jalapeño Spicy Popcorn Mac & Cheese
Featuring: LesserEvil Spicy Popcorn
- 10 oz pasta
- 2 C. oat milk
- ¼ C. water
- ⅓ C. nutritional yeast
- 1 boiled yellow potato
- 1 boiled carrot
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp yellow mustard
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sliced jalapeños
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter + 1 tbsp. for topping
- 1 C. crushed LesserEvil Fiery Hot popcorn
- Drizzle of sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 2 pots of water to a boil and cook the carrot and potato in one until soft and then the pasta in the other.
- While those are cooking, combine butter, 1 sliced jalapeño and diced onion onion and garlic to a pan and heat until fragrant.
- When the potato and carrot are soft, blend them together with the oat milk, water, nutritional yeast, salt, mustard, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper, until smooth and creamy.
- Then pour the sauce over the buttery onions and jalapeños and whisk in the nutritional yeast, stirring actively for 3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in vegan cheddar cheese until melted and then remove the sauce from the heat source.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of vegan butter in the microwave for 10 sec.
- Transfer pasta to a baking dish and cover with spicy vegan cheese sauce.
- Add crushed spicy popcorn on top, drizzle with melted butter, and then bake for 20 minutes!
- Drizzle with sriracha sauce and enjoy!