Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe, Styling, & Photos By: Kayla Breeden Falconer, Kayla’s Kitch and Fix
These Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are packed with delicious flavors and make for the perfect easy plant focused meal. The sweet potatoes give this dish a subtle sweetness that pairs amazingly with the hearty chickpeas and smooth buffalo sauce. Top them with ranch and diced celery to really drive this one home!
Yield: 5 Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Time: 55 minutes
- 5 Sweet potatoes
- 1 5oz can of chickpeas
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic Powder & onion powder to taste
- Diced celery
- LesserEvil Fiery Hot Popcorn
- Ranch Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Poke the top of each sweet potato a few times with a fork.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes.
- When your sweet potatoes have 15 minutes left of bake time, add the olive oil, buffalo sauce or hot sauce, and the drained and rinsed chickpeas to a skillet over medium heat. You can also add any desired spices here, like garlic powder and onion powder, for more flavor.
- Saute chickpeas for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the chickpeas from the heat and take the sweet potatoes out of the oven.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool to the touch, slice each one to form an opening for the chickpeas, but not cutting all the way through.
- Fill the sweet potatoes with chickpeas, top with your favorite ranch dressing and finish them off with diced celery and delicious Fiery Hot Popcorn!