Our Sustainable Facilities
In 2012, LesserEvil made the decision to stop working with co-packers and open up our own factory in Danbury, Connecticut. What can we say-- we love being in control, and being vertically integrated gives us a level of control that most snack companies can only dream of! Owning our facilities allows us to maintain a high standard for quality with the ingredients that come into the factory. It ensures that our employees are treated well. And it lets us truly live by our commitment to sustainability.
If you’ve ever tried our snacks, you know that we’re just a little obsessed with quality. Here are the factory certifications that help us work our snack-magic:
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Organic certified
- Kosher certified
- HAACP approved
- SQF Level II
To live by our ideals of environmental stewardship, we participate in several Connecticut statewide energy efficiency initiatives. Here are some of our efforts on the production side:
- Automatic faucets to reduce water consumption
- New Energy Recovery Ventilator that redirects hot air to melt production oils
- Pallet wrap machine that uses thinner-grade wrap, reducing annual plastic wrap usage by 45% over previous years
- Eco-friendly LED high bay lighting which has reduced energy consumption by 30% since replacing old mercury vapor fixtures
- Disposal of almost all our waste in a local composting facility
We’re proud of these efforts, but we’re always looking for ways to get even better. As of early 2021, we’re actively exploring the installation of solar panels. Stay tuned for the latest, greenest thing!